Barcelona in summer is a city with a wide range of musical and cultural activities. Among the many options it is easy that you feel you lost and difficult to choose what to do.
As summer season there is only one in a year, let’s recommend 10 things to do in Barcelona during the summer months!
1. The beach of San Sebastian, next to the Barceloneta, is the ideal place to watch a good movie outdoor, and it is free. You can take something to eat and a towel… and enjoy a good film session with the sea breeze.
2. The Jardins de Pedralbes Festival is held in the gardens of Palau Reial de Pedralbes. The music is varied and in its lineup this summer you’ll find bands like The Cranberries, Carlos Nuñez, Patti Smith, Joan Baez, and many more! Are you going to miss it?
3. If music is your passion, you must be also interested in the Grec Festival of Barcelona. You’ll find music and also theater, dance and circus. It is an open window to shows from abroad and a sample of some of the best creations of Catalan artists. In addition to, for the families there is nothing better than a mini festival, the MiniGrec.
4. If you want to freshen up, you got it easy! Barcelona is full of beaches, and outdoor pools! We recommend a swim in the municipal pool of Montjuïc in which you can feel like a true champion.
5. In the summer months it is not recommended to overeat. To have a light digestion salads, fruits like watermelon, melon are ideal… not to mention a nice cold drink. In the afternoon you can recharge your batteries in the ice-cream shops: Llagurt, el Tío Che, Gelaaati di Marco, among others!
6. Do not forget one of the privileges that gives us the summer: the countless terraces on which to enjoy fresh air. In many of them you can have a drink in an open space while enjoying opera and flamenco. Where? In the Palau Dalmases for example, a Baroque space in the heart of the la Ribera Neighnborhood.
7. If you want to feel in the middle of the nature there is nothing better than a picnic in the mountains or in city parks. You can go with your family or friends at parks such as the Parc de la Ciutadella. Bring snacks and a good bottle of wine.
8. To take a tour through some of the streets of the city, nothing better than a bike tour. Through the Tourism Consortium of Barcelona you can make different bike tours while you respect the environment and… practice some sport!
9. If you prefer to walk, nothing better than the Botanical Garden of Barcelona. This place is magical in nature! It is located on a slope of the Parc de Montjuïc and offers a different view depending on the season through the vegetation of the five regions with Mediterranean climate.
10. To finish our top ten things to do this summer in Barcelona, it is a must to go to La Pedrera, one of the most famous buildings of Antoni Gaudí. You can enjoy Gaudi’s Pedrera experience: The Origins, a journey that will culminate with a show on the terrace from which to enjoy spectacular views of the beautiful city of Barcelona.