The Shopping Night is the night that stores in Paseo de Gracia, one of the main commercial areas of the city, are open until dawn to move and promote the sector internationally. The initiative began in 2010 and has been an overwhelming success, that year after year has multiplied the number of attendees. This year 2013 is the third edition and it is expected to be a unique experience again: nightlife, shopping and lifestyle in one of the most unique places in Barcelona.
This year the theme of this shopping party is the opera, to celebrate the bicentenary of the birth of Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner, and the Paseo de Gracia and its neighboring streets will be filled with cultural activities linked to these two composers. Montserrat Marti Caballe is the sponsor of the event and the actor José Corbacho is the image of the event.
The Shopping Night has four main stages:
- La Traviata space, between Provença and Mallorca
- The Valkyrie space, between Roselló and Provença
- Space Opera, Prêt à Danser Clear Channel, between Gran Via and Ronda Sant Pere
- Space Il Trovatore, Provenza street, between Passeig de Gracia and Pau Claris
- Space Rigolet, Provenza street, Passeig de Gracia and Rambla Catalonia
Shopping Night 2013
28 November 2013
From 20pm until 1am
Paseo de Gracia