If you want to know where to take the best cavas of Catalonia, we recommend you to go near Vilafranca del Penedes: this is where one of the finest varieties of Spanish champagne are made. But if you do not have time to move up there, we will explain you where to enjoy the best cellars in Barcelona without having to leave the town, okay? Here we go!
- La Vinya Senyor. This bar has a small advantage because it offers breathtaking views of Santa María del Mar. Therefore, its location is a perfect place to enjoy a good cava in the historic heart of the city. It will be very difficult to choose what to take with a wine and champagne extensive list
- Zim. This small place with stone walls is perfect to hide from the hustle of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona, and a perfect place to enjoy the best champagnes. It is located in Dagueria Street, 20: two steps from the cathedral, the Palau de la Música…
- Can Paixano. Here you can enjoy a refreshing glass of cava for less than 2 € or buy the whole bottle, and they will also give you a mini-sandwich. Tapas are also delicious and great price. What else you need to approach this Xampanyeria? You will find it very near the Barceloneta, in Carrer de la Reina Cristina 7.
- Café Vienés Jazz Club. At number 132 in Paseo de Gracia you will have the Casa Fuster Hotel, which houses the Café Vienés Jazz Club. Here, every Friday from 21 pm you can enjoy a magical evening of classical jazz with the best cava. Admission is € 18 with a drink.
- Xampanyet. In the center of the city, founded in 1929, this bar offers traditional xampanyet, a soft and sweet cava that names the bar. It is in carrer de Montcada, 22, next to the metro stop Jaume I.
- Monvinic. Do not be fooled by the modern atmosphere of this local in carrer Diputació: here you will find a perfect place to take some of the best wines of the country. You can ask a bottle, glass or half glass, making it ideal for an evening with friends tasting different styles of cava.
Now you can not say you do not know where to enjoy the best cavas in Barcelona! There are some more, of course, but it is up to you to discover them. Can you think of a better way to end a busy day walking around the city to enjoy a cold glass of cava? We, of course, no!