Barcelona is considered, sometimes, a marketing product, cosmopolitan city of the century, a nest of tourists who stroll down Las Ramblas… But is also considered culture and history, art, and leisure… What is clear is that it is an amazing city, so we have created a list of 25 things to do in Barcelona. Will you be able to finish them all?
25 Things to Do in Barcelona at least once in life
- Discover the “magic” of Gaudi’s architecture between the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila, Casa Batlló, Bellesguard, Palau Guell, the Crypt in Colonia Güell…
- Visit the antiaircraft batteries in Turo de la Rovira and the breathtaking views of Barcelona (Carmel bunkers ). Last conquest of tourism; ultimate defeat of people of the neighborhood
- Go Up or down La Rambla for lunch and get lost an hour before eating between the Gothic Quarter and the Raval: enjoy a bear, a tapa and a different world in each direction.
- Take chocolate in one of the chocolatiers in Petritxol street.
- Organize a modernist route with the essential points in Barcelona. Oh wait, someone from the council and did it for you!
- Go to Ciutadella on the weekend and discover this is the place to sunbathe in the winter among people who play sports, picnic or sells clothes and chocolate muffins.
Discover the Eixample is empty on Friday afternoon and not refilled people until Monday morning. Ojo, that has multiple advantages!Ir a la Ciutadella en fin de semana y observar que allí es donde se toma el sol durante el invierno entre gente que hace deporte, picnic o vende ropa y muffins de chocolate.
- Discover that the Eixample is empty on Friday afternoon and people is not back until Monday morning.
- Visit one of the most important (and not so popular) historical points of Barcelona: the Castell de Montjuic.
- Stroll through the Poble Español (Spanish village) and enjoy its architectural variety, you can be both in the main square of a Castilian town as in a typical Catalan monastery… In the same space!
- And while you’re there, enjoy a temporary exhibition at CaixaForum or visit the MNAC.
- Or have a vermouth in Las Arenas, a former bullring, very close. Or better yet, in the carrer de Sants (here you will find everything).
- Take advantage that people are looking urban gardens and try to visit Can Masdeu, one of the most legendary squatters town houses.
- And recharge the batteries with a walk through the Sierra de Collserola!
- If you don’t like walking, you are close the Labyrinth Park in Horta, where you will enjoy a neoclassical garden (XVIII) and a romantic garden (XIX),
- One night to attend the Liceu or the Palau de la Música.
- Chasing pigeons in Plaça Catalunya
- It is said that Barcelona is literary as any other, so maybe we can discover its corners with the help of Marsé (Últimas tardes con Teresa) or Falcones (La catedral del Mar), right?
- Visit Plaça de Sant Jaume and count how many Catalan police you find between the Generalitat and the City Hall.
- Discover that there are more markets, not only La Boqueria! On sunday, Sant Antoni is a classic among classics.
- Soaking in the industrial history of Sants thanks to Parc Espanya Industrial.
- Swim in Barceloneta, but then complain that was full of people sunbathing.
- Visit the Glorias before 2017 Urban canopy and the Agbar Tower, that there will be!
- Understanding the growth of the city from Ciutat Vella to the sea and the mountains. Follow the Roman wall, or discover the full history of the city in the MUHBA!
- Escape to the suburbs, to Horta or Guinardó, or perhaps Gracia, Sants .. And you can go to Torre Baró where you’ll find the Rec Comtal
- Met someone at Zurich or FNAC in Plaça Catalunya, or a have a drink in Canaletas…
If you come to Barcelona, complete the list of 25 things to do in Barcelona is a great way to see the main attractions and discover other parts of the city. The Pere Tarrés Youth Hostel is the best hostel in Barcelona. We will wait for you!